This fabulous Hutschenreuther Hohenberg Germany cobalt blue and gilded vintage porcelain teacup trio was manufactured in pattern # D2027 on the finest white, translucent porcelain. In excellent condition, this rare and beautiful vintage porcelain pattern was not made for export. Our gorgeous vintage porcelain Hutschenreuther trio includes a teacup, saucer and dessert plate. The design features a wide cobalt band with intricately gilded and delicately detailed, large-leafed vines bearing small, star-shaped flowers. The effect of the deeply hued, lavishly decorated cobalt band, set against the stark, milky white vintage porcelain is stunning. All three vintage porcelain pieces of this Hutschenreuther teacup trio are additionally embellished with thin lines of burnished gold paint.
The footed vintage porcelain pedestal teacup measures 2-1/4" high with a bowl 4" in diameter. From the end of the handle to the opposite edge of the vintage porcelain teacup's rim measures 4-3/4". The outside of the white vintage porcelain teacup is modestly decorated with thin lines of gold paint on the rim, the middle of the circumference, the bottom of the pedestal, and on the handle. The inside of the vintage porcelain Hutshenreuther teacup trio is decorated with a 1-1/2" band of the elegant cobalt and gold pattern.
The matching scalloped edge vintage porcelain saucer measures 5-1/2" in diameter. A thin line of gold paint finishes off the wide 1-1/2" cobalt band along the rim and the verge. The vintage porcelain saucer has an additional embellishment of gold paint which runs parellel to the verge.
The accompanying scalloped edge vintage porcelain Hutschenreuther dessert plate measures 7-1/2" in diameter. A thin line of gold paint finishes off the 1-3/8" cobalt band along the rim and the verge.
All of the vintage porcelain pieces are marked with the green Hutschenreuther Hohenberg Germany underglaze maker's mark inset within an oval along with the crown and CM 1814. CM signifies Carl Magnus (Hutschenreuther), the founder of the legendary porcelain factory in Hohenberg an der Eger in Bavaria, Germany. 1814 is the year which the company was founded. Each vintage porcelain Hutschenreuther piece also bears the pattern number in red. This mark was used from 1950 to 1963, before the company merged in 1969 forming Hutschenreuther AG.
Under the leadership of Carl Magnus, the factory produced fine quality porcelain and figurines. When he died in 1845, the factory was led by his widow Frau Johanna Hutschenreuther and her sons Lorenz and Christian. They produced luxurious, gilded porcelain with meticulous hand painting.
The sons later founded their own factory in Selb, north of the Hohenberg factory, which was later known as Lorenz Hutschenreuth Selb (LHS). LHS took over the Tirschenreuth factory in 1927. Hutschenreither Hohenberg and Hutschenreuther Selb merged in 1969, forming Hutschenreuther AG. Since 2000, Hutschenreuther has been a trademark of Rosenthal.