We have an ornate and vibrantly colored Antique Japanese Porcelain Nippon hand painted, eleven piece tea set which has a teapot with lid, three cups, three saucers, a sugar bowl with lid and a creamer. All items - except the saucers - are perched on three feet. This vividly decorated antique Japanese porcelain Nippon set is decorated with hand painted mangenta flowers which are set against a background of cobalt blue and gold beading. The antique porcelain cups are hand painted inside and out! This gorgeous eleven piece Antique Japanese Porcelain Nippon hand painted three footed tea set consists of:
· One antique Japanese porcelain teapot with lid (counts as 2 items), measuring 6" in height and 7" from spout to handle;
· One antique Japanese porcelain sugar bowl with lid (counts as 2 items), measuring 4-3/4" in height and 5-1/2" from handle to handle;
· One antique Japanese porcelain creamer, which measures 3-1/2" from base to spout, and 4-1/2" from handle to spout;
· Three antique Japanese porcelain cups, measuring 4-3/8" by 3-3/4" by 2-1/4" high;
· Three antique Japanese porcelain saucers measuring 5-5/8" in diameter.
This antique Japanese porcelain tea set is awash in vibrant color! It is decorated with magenta flowers (violets? petunias?), variegated green leaves, generous gilding and beadwork, interspersed with a striking cobalt blue throughout the design. We believe that this unmarked antique Japanese porcelain set is quite old, but we cannot provide any specific provenance to support our opinion. Like many pieces of old porcelain, you will find the occasional glaze pop, and one or two rough spots that appear to have been glazed over. We believe we have accounted for all factors and priced the set appropriately. At the time that we acquired this set, it had a broken saucer and one extra cup which we will be happy to include should the purchaser so desire.
Our pictures do not do this antique Japanese porcelain tri foot eleven piece tea set justice. When you hold the individual antique Japanese porcelain items in your hand you will see how vibrant they are, and how fresh the design is!