UNIQUE VINTAGE AND ANTIQUE COLLECTIBLE TREASURES BROUGHT TO YOU BY PASSIONATE COLLECTORS

Large Lladro Guardian Angel Figurine 6352 Limited Edition Retired 1998

Large Lladro Guardian Angel Figurine 6352 Limited Edition Retired 1998
Item# LladroGuardianAngelEY
$2,900.00
Availability: Usually ships in 2-3 business days

Product Description And Additional Pictures

We are offering the exceptionally lovely and wonderfully detailed Lladro figurine - Guardian Angel (Angel de la Guarda) - which was designed by the talented sculptor Francisco Catala. This very large, glazed porcelain figurine measures approximately 18-1/2 inches in height, and is approximately 8-1/2 inches wide, and 9-1/2 inches deep - owing to the angel’s monumental wingspan. Released in 1997 and retired in 1998, The Guardian Angel figurines were only available for purchase by the members of the Lladro Collectors Society. Lladro only produced a Limited Edition of 4,000 of these extraordinary works, and this remarkable figurine is numbered 961.

This impressive sculpture depicts a large angel standing protectively with a child, who holds a bird and a basket of exquisitely crafted flowers. The angel has massive, opalescent wings, that reflect a variety of soft colors. The overall fluidity and drama of the sculpture, the angel’s flowing robes, and the expressiveness of the child’s and angel’s faces all result in a remarkable piece of porcelain art. Like all Lladro figurines, The Guardian Angel was crafted by hand, and is made of hard paste porcelain, with the precise combination of clays and other substances tightly guarded as the firm’s proprietary property. Please examine our photographs carefully, and you will agree that this memorable piece of ceramic sculpture is not only in excellent, vintage condition, but is also a worthy example of the high art of Lladro porcelain sculpture.

Brief History: According to the website Lladro from Spain.com, Grupo Lladro S.A. “was founded in 1953 by three brothers, Juán, José and Vicente Lladró, in the village of Almàssera near Valencia. Starting with items such as vases and jugs, it wasn't until 1956 that they started producing the sculptures for which they are now most famous. Enthusiasm for the items produced by the Lladró brothers saw their small workshop expand several times until eventually they moved to Tavernes Blanques in 1958.”